Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Wild Roses


This is an improved version of a card that I made for my MIL. The original card is posted at SCS. I worked on this card a bit more to create a better balance between the roses. I also sponged on some so saffron highlights with a sponge dauber. The frame for the card was cut with the SU cutter and it helps cover the ends of the grosgrain lattice.

Card Ingredients (all Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Wild Rose, Hugs & Wishes, Linen Background
Paper: Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Very Vanilla
Ink: Mellow, Moss, Always Artichoke, Purely Pomegranate, Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron
Accessories: White Grosgrain, Purely Pomegranate Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots
Tools: Stampin' Up Cutter, Ticket Corner Punch, Tag Corner Punch, SAMJ

8 comments:

Tandra said...

Oh that is beautiful Brenda!!! Love the lattice!

rockfestqueen said...

This is just too beautiful for words.
Kaye

KT said...

Brenda! I had to chuckle to myself when I read your ABOUT ME section of your blog because it prefectly describes me and so many of my friends to a tee! It's so nice to be able to share our passion with so many creative and talented (addicted) stampers ;-) BTW -Your card posted with the lattice work is GORGEOUS! Keep up the great work!

Lisa C. said...

yeah! You have a blog, I am so inpired by the projects you do and how freely you share them. Please PLEASE add an e-mail feed reader to your blog so we can get updates when you post to your blog. I know feedburner and feedblitz are two very popular ones!

Lisa C. said...

btw, the card is simply stunning!!

sushistamper said...

This card is amazingly gorgeous! I love the lattice with the grosgrain - what a great idea. I may have to try that on a Mother's Day card...:)

Beka said...

That is a very beautiful card! Great job! TFS

Diane aka cameldiva said...

Oh, wow! Lovely card.I'm going to attempt to recreate with peonies. Your friend Barbara B turned me on to you and I've been stalking your lovely work. Now that you have a blog, all the better to stalk with.Yaay!